Just watched Joy tonight. It was a very inspiring movie about the struggles of a female entrepreneur who created the Miracle Mop. I’m a sucker for plots with passionate protagonists – “If you try your best and believe in yourself, you will reach your dreams!”. I admit I cried a little bit too.
Here’s an article which sums up what was awesome about Joy.
And some thoughts of my own …
1) It’s cool how Joy is a creative spirit with a lot of passion.
2) I like how Joy kept believing in her product even through adversity.
3) The film shows that success can be made from humble beginnings.
4) It is possible to be true to yourself while on the road to success.
5) When you reach success, there will always be people trying to take a piece of it.
6) Watching soap operas 24/7 may encourage paranoid thoughts.
7) Sometimes, people are better as friends rather than lovers.
8) To become successful, you may have to take some risks.
9) There is no better time to start than now.
10) I always thought Jennifer Lawrence was an awesome actress, and maybe its biased but all the movies she’s been in have been a good watch. She’s also so cool and down to earth in interviews.
11) I did not know that this kind of mop was a recent invention. I may have taken a useful product for granted all this time Keen on reading more about the real life lady this movie was based on!
There was quite a queue at the movies tonight. I bet they are all watching Star Wars! I’ll soon get on to that one too … but maybe when its less of a hit. I’m not sure if I would understand everything since I have only watched Episode 1! I suppose this calls for a Star Wars marathon ^p^.
Wow, would you look at the time. How is it 3am already?
It must be the holiday body clock settling in.