March has been a pretty laid back month so far. Can’t say I’ve been up to much besides the whole work -> eat -> home -> sleep routine as of late.
1) Managed to do a digital painting. Oops, I accidentally drew a yandere.
2) Doodled some Osomatsu-san related stuff. Can you spot some familiar faces?
3) Been using this fabulous CC cream lately. I love it. It makes my skin look semi-normal since I have a terrible complexion without any coverage. It was a total impulse buy at first, but I’ve already ditched my previous choice in favour of this “Skin Flat Pore-filling CC Gel” with SPF35 PA+++ It’s good for dry skin too!
4) Been reading quite a bit lately, so my Kindle probably feels more loved these days. I noticed how much data I was killing on the bus every morning/evening reading stupid click-bait articles so I thought I probably should digest better reading material instead.
See you next Tuesday – Jane Mai
Compilation of diary comics. No censorship. I’m in love with Jane Mai’s comics. They make me feel so comforted, like I’m really not the only one who thinks stupid thoughts sometimes. (Who knew, right!?)
Me, Earl and The Dying Girl – Jesse Andrews
Greg is strongly encouraged (ie. forced) by his mum to hang out with Rachel who has Leukemia. Don’t be fooled by this subject of sickness cos even though there are sad parts, its not everything. It’s more about true friendship and the quirks of this guy’s high school life. This was the book that reignited my spark for reading this month. I knew I should have read it sooner! I really liked the style of writing … its just so casual, honest and it seemed realistic.
5) Speaking of Me, Earl and The Dying Girl … there’s a Nike webseries called ‘Margot and Lily’ written by Jesse Andrews and Alfonso Gomez-Rejon. I had no expectations since I’m not into sports. But I LOVE IT.
You don’t need to like fitness to like it .. you might even want to attempt fitness after watching it. It’s about two sisters – one who’s a famous fitness youtuber but has no friends, and one who’s a social butterfly but who lives a pretty laid back lifestyle. They have a hard time understanding each other’s lives so they make a bet … watch to find out 😉
6) So like, I decided to do #nanoreno after all! Woo~ but I’m not going to post anything related to my project until I’m done. Sometimes posting things too early can contribute to demotivation.
7) I bought Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and oh boy am I glad! I haven’t played a game that has grasped my attention like this in a while. Probably because it has some mystery and deduction elements (and an appealing art style!) like my all time favourite … Gyakuten Saiban. Except that its totally more brutal.
8) Went to the Myers Park Medley a few weeks ago. My main motivation was to check out the zine stalls. I’ll do a proper write up soon. The poster illustrations are so cute.
9) Saw Deadpool. Tbh, I didn’t have a high opinion of the movie when I saw the trailer. I had also been influenced by some people’s tweets on the matter too, but now I see that I was really quick to judge. The 4th wall jokes were funny and Ryan Reynolds really suits those goofy kind of characters.
10) Got my Omocat t-shirts in mail! *SCREAM* I was waiting for this Moongirl shirt to come back in stock for a while~ ;o; WORTH IT.
11) THE BEST NEWS EVER. I’m going to the Kyary Pamyu Pamyu concert in Sydney this year! *squeals* I’m so excited. She’s so cute, her fashion is quirky and colourful, her music is cute and catchy and she herself is an inspiring individual~ (#goals much?) Now, I really have to make a KPP cosplay so I can wear it to the event! I haven’t thought this through at all ^p^.